Tuesday, February 22, 2011

No more counting on paper

Recently I received a gift card for a local craft store and I used to to buy knitting supplies (of course). One thing I bought was the Clover Knitting Counter. I had wanted a counter for ome time but I didn't want to pay so much for it. This one was $7.99, which I wouldn't have bought without the gift card. I guess I can be really frugal sometimes, but I figured as long as I can write, I'll just keep track of counting my rows that way. Hence:














But I used the knitting counter yesterday for a scarf I was making, counting off 296 rows one "kacha" at a time (kacha being the noise that the counter makes when you press it).















The counter doesn't go beyond 99, but it was easy to keep track of the rows just the same. I'm so glad I got it! It seems to make the knitting go a lot faster, and I remember pressing the button more often than I remembered whether or not I wrote down the row I just finished. I just hope it lasts a long time; I don't get gift cards that often and won't be buying a replacement without a gift card if it breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment