After I finished my first Christmas stocking, I decided that it looked great, but it looked bland. It needed that extra SOMETHING. So I figured I'd use one of our Christmas decorations to jazz it up:
I took this picture before I sewed it onto the front of the stocking. It looked great, and made that Christmassy jingle bell sound once it was done! In all, the stocking took me about 4 hours to complete. Creating the heel was the challenging part. I was originally going to use white for the trim at the top but didn't have any; just the green. I think I like it with the green better anyway. It turns out that a friend had watched me knit the stocking and had felt the same way about it: it looked nice; but once I added the bells, that made it SING. He liked it so much that he bought it from me!