Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Special Olympics Scarf Progress


Here’s my progress on the Special Olympics Scarf so far:






Right now it is a little over 20” long, and the required length is at least 53”. This is about 2 hours’ worth of work.

My original design was to create a flat panel scarf and use a popcorn bobble stitch on the alternating bands of blue and turqua. When I tried this, it just wasn’t achieving the effect that I wanted it to. So I frogged it and started over. I decided to keep it simple and straightforward.

They ask for the scarf to be 6” wide, so I knit off on 22 pegs, knowing that the scarf will contract to 6” as I knit it. At first I tried 20 pegs, but it contracted to 5”.

I will be finished with it in time to mail it out for my state’s deadline; it’s due at the end of this week.

It is such a rich color of blue; it reminds me of Christmas because as I child we used to have blue and green tinsel that had that shade of blue in it. I had never heard of Turqua before, but I presume it is a variation of the color turquoise.





No comments:

Post a Comment