Saturday, January 22, 2011

Special Olympics Scarf Done!

Here is my 60" scarf, completed and mailed in time for the NJ deadline!




For the turqua and blue stripes, I knit off 6 rows of each, + 2 "transition" rows (rows where the two colors meet and overlap on the loom).





I also enclosed this note of encouragement, for whomever wears the scarf:



It says - "Whenever you feel down or feel like giving up, hold this scarf in your hands, wrap it around your neck, and remember: someone you don't even know made it just for you, because you are a special athlete. Someone you don't even know is rooting for you and cheering you on. Someone you don't even know believes deep inside of you is a winner, and every time you smile you let the world see the winner in you. Special Olympics 2011"


It was a lot of fun to make, and I may do it again next year. Here's to the athletes and the people who love them! Hooray!

7 comments:

  1. I saw your link on FB, love the note you put with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Greg! I really need to break out my looms. I keep getting into new crochet projects and haven't had the time. So many projects, so little time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the scarf and your words of encouragement are so very thoughtful! BTW - which loom did you use for the scarf?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey greg! great job! i just received my yarn in the mail yesterday... it took forever! i can't wait to start looming to get at least one scarf out before the colorado deadline. cross fingers i get it done in time! the note you included is lovely ~ so thoughtful :)

    *wellie*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job and I love the note. I sent in 3 scarves for our state.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much everyone! I used the Knifty Knitter pink straight loom and knit off 1 over 2 stitch on 22 pegs. I actually wrote the note before I even started knitting; the words just came to me on what it should say.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scarf looks great! I wondered about the color combination when I started my contributions but they did turn out nicely.

    The note is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete