Here's the baby doll in progress:
First I removed the arms from the body and used the spool loom to create the sleeves. I did a drawstring cast on so I could tighten one end of the sleeve so it would flare out like a bell shape. I used a simple 1 over 2 e-wrap stitch. I made the sleeve in two segments and then sewed them together.
Next I made the upper part of the dress using the flower loom. It was a little tight near the waistline (dare I say such a thing), but I knew that part would be covered up with the hoop part of the dress. I attached an I-cord to the front of the dress to add interest. I had to remove the head in order to fit the dress on.
I created the outer part of the dress using the flap technique that I used to create the wings on the hens I made at Easter time. The bottom part of the dress naturally curled up once I took it off the loom. I used the round red loom to create the dress.
More details to come...