Sunday, October 28, 2012

Get Into The Spirit Of Things

Well, Halloween's almost here, and I haven't finished making my simple knitted Halloween costume for a child: a ghost ~





If you have two days to do nothing but knit on the loom, you can get yours done in time. Here are the directions:

On the Knifty Knitter blue loom, I added 1 peg to the corner and am currently knitting stockinette 1 over 2 stitches using Red Heart White yarn. My goal is to knit a piece that is 24 inches long and bind it off the loom. Then I will knit another piece identical to it and join the two pieces together, being careful to leave a hole for a child's head to go through - about 12 inches. Next, on 31 pegs (1 peg is a corner peg) I will knit off a 10" piece that will be used as the hood. I will bind it off and then attach the bottom corner of the hood to the neckline of the costume. After that I will block the entire piece and it will be ready for wearing. If oyu try it, let me know!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Greg love your site:) I am always looking for pals who share my love of crochet and loom knitting. I admit I haven't taken to the loom in awhile, but I have been looking for santa hat tutorials so I can make santa hats for my boss' four pugs:) I love seeing guys who love the art, and I really love looking at the work in your perspective. It gives me ideas what to do for my man friends in the family and also my man at home:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I would love to see a photo of it when it's done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there. I am trying to learn how to loom. I know little to nothing. What is the name of the stich you used in this project?

    ReplyDelete