Sunday, October 28, 2012

Get Into The Spirit Of Things

Well, Halloween's almost here, and I haven't finished making my simple knitted Halloween costume for a child: a ghost ~





If you have two days to do nothing but knit on the loom, you can get yours done in time. Here are the directions:

On the Knifty Knitter blue loom, I added 1 peg to the corner and am currently knitting stockinette 1 over 2 stitches using Red Heart White yarn. My goal is to knit a piece that is 24 inches long and bind it off the loom. Then I will knit another piece identical to it and join the two pieces together, being careful to leave a hole for a child's head to go through - about 12 inches. Next, on 31 pegs (1 peg is a corner peg) I will knit off a 10" piece that will be used as the hood. I will bind it off and then attach the bottom corner of the hood to the neckline of the costume. After that I will block the entire piece and it will be ready for wearing. If oyu try it, let me know!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Greg love your site:) I am always looking for pals who share my love of crochet and loom knitting. I admit I haven't taken to the loom in awhile, but I have been looking for santa hat tutorials so I can make santa hats for my boss' four pugs:) I love seeing guys who love the art, and I really love looking at the work in your perspective. It gives me ideas what to do for my man friends in the family and also my man at home:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I would love to see a photo of it when it's done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Will you please post a link to your Blog at The Weaving Community? Our members will love it.
    It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website. You can also add Photos, Videos and Classifieds if you like. It’s free and easy.
    Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
    Please feel free to share as often and as much as you like.
    The Weaving Community: http://www.vorts.com/weaving/
    I hope you consider sharing with us.
    Thank you,
    James Kaufman, Editor

    ReplyDelete