Thursday, June 2, 2011

Baby Blanket Briefing and Book Blurb

Here's how the baby blanket is coming along so far:


At first I was going to stop at 5 repititions of the bobble pattern, but now I see that that is not enough. I am on the 4th repitition, and the blankt is only 8" long. I want it to be 18-20" long, so I will probably repeat the bobble pattern another 10 times before I finish it. I will also need another skein of yarn, since this one is running out faster with all the extra yarn used for bobbling. I lost some time working on it this week due to taking a break on Memorial Day, so I hope I can catch up soon.

I haven't decided if I want to sew a thin piece of pink or white flannel to the back of the blanket to give it a little more weight. Right now it is ideal for a light spring/summer/early fall wrap, but in winter it probably wouldn't be very warm. We'll see how I feel about it when I'm finished knitting it.

Over the past month I have been listening to Debbie Macomber's Blossom Street series on cd. I started with Summer on Blossom Street, thinking it came before Back on Blossom Street, since I didn't know the order she had written the books in. After a click on Wikipedia I found a list of the order the books were published in. Right now I am in the middle of Susannah's Garden. What I like about these books is that each novel can stand alone, even if you never read any of the others in the series. I'm reading them out of order since my library didn't have all of them as audio books, and I started with the one I could get first. So far it hasn't been too confusing reading them out of order. I also like Debbie's style of writing and the situations that the characters get into, though I must say that owning a yarn shop seems to be a favorite topic in these fiber-focused novels. I find myself getting engrossed in the storyline, eager to hear what happens next. So far I am about midway through Susannah's Garden; I'm going to see if the library has A Turn in the Road yet.

Have you read any of these in the series? What do you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment